Wednesday 6 February 2013

My Production Logo Idea

  I looked into creating a logo for our production company, which we have decided to call ‘ERP Productions’ because it is a combination of our initials and it has a nice ring to it, as well as being original.






   I started with a simple design. The initials sketched inside an oval, very roughly drawn. But I needed to add ‘Productions’, so I placed it underneath, which made the design feel more together and complete.
 
   Not quite satisfied with this design, I looked at existing Production Company logos and saw that some put words together, so I tried it. First vertical, but I thought it looked a bit tall and stretched so I tried it horizontal and I thought that looked better. However, I thought it was too simple and not very memorable. If the logo isn’t original or unique, an audience will not remember it and will not know to look out for it if they enjoyed the film.
  
 
 
  I had an idea of perhaps overlapping the three letters, but the ways I tried didn’t show all three letter clearly enough, so I abandoned the idea.
   I then thought of creating the logo in the style of a circuit board, but it just didn’t seem to fit us a production team. So, after thinking a bit more, I thought I’d try using a silhouette in the logo.
 
 
 
   
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I settled on the silhouette of a long haired woman because the three of us are women and, if we chose to animate it, we could have the hair moving. I tried having the writing to the side of the woman but it looked like two separate things so, once I’d imported the images onto my laptop, I inserted the text on the woman’s hair. I decided that I liked this logo the most and with a bit of editing and refining, I was pleased with the result.

No comments:

Post a Comment