Sunday 17 February 2013

Film Review One

REVIEW

Gluttony, Greed, Sloth, Envy, Wrath, Pride and Lust. The seven deadly sins are the base line excuse of a serial kills murders. Two detectives, one a veteran and one a recently moved rookie, try to catch this sadistic serial killer. David Mills, played by Brad Pitt, is a young naive detective who finds himself paired up with Detective William Somerset, who is played by Morgan Freeman. Together they try to follow the murderers steps, whoever only witnessing the aftermath of his cruel, brutal killings, with no way of knowing the gruesome fate that neither could have predicted.

OPINION
I would rate this film a 10 out of 10. 
I think the psychological effect that this film has on the audience is great for any horror/thriller fanatic who wants to be mesmerized by an ingenious, well written and inventive story. The polished acting from Freeman and Pitt is outstanding as usual, and the twists and turns of the dark visual style makes this film what it is. The skin tight and intense plot development remains focused throughout. Having only seen it recently, I cant really judge what the effect it must have had in the 90's, but I can comfortably say that this is the greatest film made in the 90's that I have ever seen.
I'm not a very big fan of horror/thriller style films, and have only very recently started to watch them to help me gain better perspective for our own horror film. I can be quite queasy when it comes to gore, and this has to be one of the more gruesome films I have seen and it was only the aftermath of these murders that was shown. Saying this however,  it has slowly become one of my favorite films, and as edged me towards watching more horror type films. 
I can find no faults with this film at all, and although it did not gain the critical acclaim that the likes of Silence of the Lambs, it is undoubtedly an extremely influential film to date.

OTHER OPINIONS




No comments:

Post a Comment