Thursday 11 April 2013

Diary Entry 2

Rachel Williams
We are nearing the end of our project and I am pleased with the out come of our product. Scripting, story boarding and planning went well, also we made decisions as a group quickly. Filming went smoothly, we were fortunate with the weather on the days we were filming outdoors and all the equipment we required work well and we had no problems. The only thing I felt didn't quite go to planned was the consistency of the blood each time we made it, but I think overall it still gives a good effect.
   Editing worked really well and I enjoyed it. Some parts were difficult because some positioning differed each time we shot the scene, however I do think that we overcame this problem and managed to work round it.
   Getting sound and music to fit with our film was easy as we knew exactly how we wanted and needed it to sound. We have had to record some vocal reactions in a studio after, which I think sounds not quite right but we have done our best to make it work. I would have preferred to having screams/gasps done while filming as they would have been natural and we would have been able to show facial expression at the same time. Because of this, as a group, we decided not to have a scream because it didn't sound right.
   Overall, I am pleased with what I have done individually and what we have done as a group.

Emily Greenman
Because we are so close to the end of the project, we have done the majority of things left on our list, including all filming and editing of our horror film, which I thought went extremely well, and I very much enjoyed being bloodied up! It didn't take long to film and edit either which was pleasing, although i think if we didn't have to cut our film down to 2 minutes it would have looked a lot better, but i think that was down to filming too much and having too much gong on in the first couple of minutes. Blog work is also going very well, I've done a lot more research into horror films including 3 film reviews and a couple of extra film analysis', although one of those still needs finishing.
The deadline is slowly approaching, but I don't have much else to be getting on with. there are a couple of draft blogs to be finished including a film review, a title sequence and we also need to evaluate the responses we have got back from the audience of our film.
Overall I think we have done very well to get this far, and i am extremely pleased with the progress we have made as a group and on our own.

Paige White
I am so glad to be nearing the end of our project because this means that we have near enough finished everything that we need to do. I was exceptionally pleased with how long it took to film our awesome acting skills and how well we managed to work with what we had whilst other parts still needed recording. I felt that doing the separate scenes, editing wise and getting then cracked down to the final piece really helped later in the editing process when we wanted to put music onto our track. I was also fortunate enough to have the opportunity to record within the music department some creepy screams that we then added onto the end of our 2 minute film.
     The only thing that I wasn't so happy with was that when we came round to editing and making sure that all of the clips were continuous, some of the arm movements in different camera angles didn't match up. This lead us then to re-capturing the clips that we needed with careful instructions on the actions we needed.
     I am pleased throughout on what we have achieved as a group and what goals I have reached as an individual.

No comments:

Post a Comment